Friday, May 6, 2011

So long Blitzkrieg Bop!

Well I have sold my boat Blitzkrieg Bop. And within an hour had an email to Simon ordering the next one. Boat is staying in Singapore and have a very good sailor taking it over. Within in a few months I can see him potentially going quicker than me on my old boat.

Otherwise since the worlds been working on a few things I saw at the worlds and they have come along very well. Main one I like is the cascading downhaul. Still 8:1, but lot less friction in the system and never had the downhaul on that hard before compared to the standard system. Also have a coarse tune as well that allows me to pre-set the strop length, but that is a between races adjustment.

Other bits were taking all downhaul/vang ropes out to the wing bar itself, heaps easier to adjust whilst still hiking. And the sailingbits ride-height adjuster is awesome.

So now to wait for the new boat, but have a very welcome surprise coming in a month or so which will mean the new boat may be ignored for a while, so best to probably go get the hulls and foils painted before I get the foiling itch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment